It is a common thing for people to fill their living spaces with eclectic pieces of art as home decor to complement their furniture, which all becomes a part of their style statement. Flowers in general or floral themes have always been a popular choice when it comes to home decorations. Flowers can be found on home decor items that range from lavish paintings, tapestries and murals to be hung on the walls to designer decorative pieces of sculpture finished in terracotta or porcelain where flowers can be potted or placed.
Today, you will find many options as how to decorate your home with flowers, be they real or artificial, as you can place flowering plants outside on your terrace, indoor flower plants like orchids and other exotic species, or simply get choice flowers delivered online to decorate on your tabletops, it is your call to make.
Why flowers are so loved? Let’s check a few of the reasons how flowers make our lives better…
1. Flowers make you Healthier
This is one of the reasons, why friends and family carry flowers when they go to visit someone at a hospital. Flowers help you physically and mentally heal from painful operations or ailments by mentally elevating your willpower, spirits and creating a positive ambience all around you.
2. Your Home will always smell Fresh and Positive
Flowers all have very distinctive and unique fragrances that lighten up everyone’s spirit. When arranged and placed properly, the perfume will fill up your house better than a room freshener ever will. And good things happen around places filled with good vibes.
Unique Ways to Decorate your Home with Flowers
1. Common everyday flowers such as roses and jasmine often make an appearance in most homes in India. However, you can experiment with these flowers, such as you may put white roses in water mixed with some food coloring and watch the roses reflecting your colors, which will be a unique thing in itself.
2. Exotic flower varieties such as peonies, tulips, hydrangea blossoms, amaryllis stalks make excellent decorative arrangements which can be placed in bunches inside glass vases filled with water.
3. Place wilting or dying flowers like rose petals, marigold blossoms, chrysanthemum blooms and lotuses in a wide metal or ceramic bowl filled with water. They will live for a long time and will have a very oriental appeal. Placing them near the doorway is another suggestion.